Now that Metro Manila and several other areas in the Philippines are under Level 1 alert, restrictions have been further relaxed. For this reason, more people will probably be encouraged to go out at the right time for summer and travel again. Nowadays, one of the safest ways to travel is to bring your own car and go on a road trip with your family and friends – whether it’s for a day trip so you can stay somewhere outside your home or take a weekend off. For a quick break
To help motorists and road trippers plan their journeys, Metro Pacific Tollways Corporation – operators of NLEX, SCTEX, CAVITEX, CALAX and the soon-to-be-opened Cebu-Cordova Link Expressway (CCLEX) – recently launched the MPT DriveHub app. At the online media event on March 1, 2022, Mark de Leon, Head of MPT DriveHub and Vice President for MPT Mobility for Business Development, and Carlo Cagallingan, MPTC Chief Digital Information Officer, introduced the features of MPT DriveHub.
- Manage your RFID account. With the app, you can check your RFID balance. You can also reload your account and make payments via GCash or PayMaya.
- Toll Fee Calculator. You can input your destination and calculate how much you will pay in advance for the toll. That way, if you don’t have enough balance, you can immediately reload your account.
- Emergency call button. If you need help on the side of the road, you can use the emergency call button to ask for help. They can also help you call for towing assistance.
- Find out where the nearest gas station, restaurant and restroom are. If you are going on a long drive, this feature will help you to manage your travel time by planning your meal / rest stop in advance.
- Real time traffic advice. Users will receive traffic updates on the app to report their route status.
The app aims to be an all-encompassing travel companion for users and drivers using the tollways operated by Metro Pacific Tollway Corporation. There are also future development plans for the app, including parking availability services, insurance benefits and a marketplace for car parts.
We will post a more comprehensive tutorial for this app so check back soon. Meanwhile, you can get the app. The MPT DriveHub app is now available for download on Google Playstore for Android users and AppStore for iOS users.
2022 • 03 • 02